Sunday, May 3, 2009

Baby Shower

I had invited a bunch of our friends with their families to the Baby Shower of Seshu on April 25th, 2009. Seshu is due in 5 weeks time. Hopefully things will go well. The mother and baby are doing fine for now.

Some of my colleagues had asked me if I was having the Baby Shower in the Indian tradition or American. I tried to make it a mix of both traditions as I know neither of them completely well (just in this case). This is my first time attending or organizing a Baby Shower.

I had the ladies do their thing in Indian tradition at the beginning of the function. Our friends from New York city were gracious enough to bring the betel leaves and nuts for the function. I had the guests entertained with games like, Guess the Bag(s), Mummy's Tummy, How well do you know the Mommy and Blow the balloon. Indian food was served for lunch in a buffet style while these games were being played. I made the event a co-ed which I believe is an American way of doing it. If I not mistaken, the Indian(Andhra) equivalent-Seemantham is an all women event.

About 30 attended the function, as you will be seeing me counting somewhere in the video. We thank you for coming and bestowing your warm wishes on us. For those who could not make it, here is your chance to view the event via photos and video.

I have a new found respect for feature film editors and directors. You kind of fall in love with every frame of your product. In this case, my brother is the producer of the mother video which was about two hours long. But still, the event being personal to me, I developed an ownership feeling with it. To give a perspective, I spent more time editing the video than on planning and organizing the event. I have managed with terrible pain to edit the length of the video from almost 2 hours to about 15 minutes. So please, please watch the video. Here is the link to it.

I personally like paintings better than sculptures, 2D better than 3D, photos better than videos. So, here are the pictures from the function. As you can see Seshu is looking gorgeous as ever.

While I am anxiously waiting for the Baby, Seshu is very tired now and wants to have Baby out as early as possible. We thank you all for your well wishes and will send an update one more time when our baby is born.

2 comments:

Sam Page said...

Hey Vamsi, great pictures and video...that must have been a lot of work! (Steven Spielberg would like to collaborate with you on the next Indiana Jones movie. Ha Ha.) I'm very excited for you and Seshu, and baby too.

RR said...

You like pictures to sculptures, 2D to 3D. I understood this part. But the relationship between photos and videos is not the same as that between pictures and scultures - or 2D to 3D. Right?

Just joking - wishing you both the very best... and hope to see the little one soon.